The following information will guide you through the undergraduate admission and financial aid application processes:
- Complete the process of applying for admission. You may or download, complete, and mail the PDF application available on the Traditional Admission page. Follow the steps outlined for your undergraduate status (freshman, transfer, special, or other) to complete your application. NOTE: If you receive an offer of admission for the following fall term by December 1 of the year prior and believe you are eligible for Merit Scholarship or Presidential Fellows consideration, you must complete the appropriate scholarship form and submit it online by December 1.
- Apply for an FSA User ID for yourself and, if you are a dependent student, ask that your parents apply for a separate ID, at —this will allow you and your parents to apply for financial aid online.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at as soon as possible after October 1 of the year prior to fall term enrollment. (For example, for fall 2020 enrollment, begin the process October 1, 2019.) The Huntingdon Title IV code is 001019. By including the College code, Huntingdon will receive the results automatically.
- Explore local financial aid sources with your high school, community, church, or employers and check out no-cost Internet scholarship search engines, such as , , and . In general, Huntingdon does not encourage the use of scholarship services that require fees.
- After Huntingdon receives the report generated from your FAFSA, known as the Student Aid Report (SAR), your financial aid offer will be prepared. You will be considered for all forms of aid for which you are eligible (note that some scholarships, such as Academic Merit Scholarships or Alumni Legacy Grants, have separate application procedures and/or deadlines and will only be included on your offer once the Office of Student Financial Services is notified by the Office of Admission or the Office of College and Alumni Relations that you have received these awards). You may accept or decline each component of the offer, sign the offer, and return it to the Office of Student Financial Services. NOTE: Be sure you complete applications for components of your aid offer such as loans, the Alabama Student Grant application, and other programs as applicable by the deadlines necessary.
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit to reserve your place in the entering class and to secure your financial aid offer.
- Complete the forms necessary on the Enrollment Information page (housing information, health form, immunizations, other forms) and sign up for a New Student Orientation in order to register for fall classes.